NAME: Ulf Åström
ALIAS: HappyPonyLand, DATAJESUS
BORN: 1984, Jukkasjärvi, Sweden
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Available for proposals
Keywords: programming, engineering, web, teaching, writing, communication, games, media.
- PROGRAMMING: Self-taught programmer since age 11. Problem-solving mindset. Accustomed to figuring things out and will pick up new APIs, languages and paradigms as needed. Produces stable, portable and well-documented code with high attention to detail.
NO LANGUAGE PRESTIGE: Primarily works in C but also fluent in OO and scripting languages. Believes in choosing the proper tool that gets the job done (sometimes this is a VBA macro).
EFFICIENT TOOLBOX: Uses version control, debuggers, -Wall (linters usually do more harm than good), build and deploy scripts, separation of development and production environment.
PLENTY OF EXPERIENCE: Has written cross-compatible code between UNIX and Windows, a serialization library for C, a terminal emulator, a web server in Java, asynchronous I/O, a DLL wrapper to use C++ libraries from a C project, transpilers for custom needs, etc. Dabbled in assembly language and microcontrollers. Taught programming (C#) to highschool students.
- SERVERS: System and network administration (maintains multiple domains hosting web content, shell accounts and other services), Linux (and other *nix-derivates), virtualization (this page is served off a VPS), hardware troubleshooting.
- GAME DEVELOPMENT: Code, procedural content generation (random map generation and validation), mechanics, map and interface design, graphics (lo-fi pixel work), music, sound, story and dialogue writing, testing, balancing. Released a game on Steam. Enjoys making games more than playing them.
- CREATIVE: music production, webcomic artist
- Down-to-earth, empathic, tolerant and progressive.
- Brooding with a dark sense of irony. PTSD survivor.
- Curious (easily bored) and obsessively creative: sometimes neglects to eat and sleep when working on something, then lapses into periods of self-loathing over not being productive enough. Wants to make cool things and automate the boring tasks.
- Socially reserved with strangers, but very willing to make contact with interesting people. Dislikes being labeled an "introvert".
LAST KNOWN OCCUPATION
2006 — 2015: Technical consultant in industrial automation systems.
- Design, testing and commissioning of electrical equipment such as control cubicles, switchgear, cabling, PLC interfaces.
- Generating circuit diagrams, assembly drawings, bill of materials, wiring tables, etc, in a wide range of CAD software.
- Development of AutoCAD extensions and macros, integration between CAD systems and office applications.
- Review and final delivery of technical documentation; projects have spanned hundreds of thousands of drawing sheets.
- Worked with world-leading clients in different sectors (e.g. ABB, LKAB, Atlas Copco; full list of projects available on request).
2016 — 2018: University language studies.
- SWEDISH ▉▉▉▉
- ENGLISH ▉▉▉•
- POLISH ▉▉••
- N. SAMI ▉•••
- 196.5 ECTS university credits (>3 years of full-time studies, roughly equivalent to a bachelor but focused on personal interests rather than chasing a degree). Studies in language, computer science, history and music.
- A shitload of private courses and on-job training in CAD software, PLC programming, electrical standards and work safety (over a month in total, worth well over 100k SEK).
- Drivers licence for private car (B class), snowmobile and ATVs.
Music (plays multiple instruments), mahjong (chinese board game), languages, travel, outdoors (hiking, fishing, survival), martial arts, literature, photography (has taken over 60000 photos, most of them pretty bad).
HIRE THIS PERSON?